Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Winter Centers and More!

After almost a year of procrastinating I have finally bundled my Winterland Math and Literacy Centers...you can find them here.
I have been busy printing and prepping them so that my littles can use them next week...I remembered to take a picture of each center so that you could see everything that is included.
ABC Order
Long and Short Vowel Sort
Antonyms Center
Addition Sort
Students will sort the addition sentences under the correct heading. 
Even and Odd Fun
Students will match the card to the correct even or odd snowflake. 
Skip Counting by 5's

I'm so excited..I'm almost done prepping all the centers for next week..can't wait for my firsties to start using them again. :)

This week we have been having so much fun learning all about Chinese New Year
On Monday, we discussed the different ways we celebrate the New Year in America...we wrote some rockin' resolutions, and had a blast talking about our own celebrations. Yesterday, we watched a Chinese New Year video on Discovery Education, we read our Chinese New Year Class Book using our Elmo, and briefly went over the vocabulary found in my mini-unit. 
 
Today, we created a Venn Diagram to compare the Chinese New Year to the American New Year..my kiddos were so involved with this activity, it was tons of fun to watch! Loved every minute of it!
Tomorrow we'll be reading our mini-books and finishing a writing activity. On Friday, we'll most definitely make a fun craftivity to celebrate all the things we have learned this week! So excited!
Chinese New Year is not until February..but we had so much fun learning all about it this week..we can't wait to actually celebrate it soon!

Do you plan to teach about Chinese New Year? If so I'd love to know about it!

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

P.S. Please stop by my FB page..for a little surprise! :)

6 comments:

Sally Peach said...

I love this idea of the Chinese New Year!! We are looking into a multicultural approach and celebrate Christmas traditions around the world but we are not at school for Chinese New Year :-(

Only 8 more followers on my blog until the HUGE giveaway!

www.misspeachsclass.blogspot.com.au

Sally xx

The Frizz said...

I like your winter centers! I just added them to my TPT wish list. They look like great skills for my first graders!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The Frizz in First Grade

Jenn Bates said...

WOW, love everything in this post!
Jenn
Finally in First

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I love doing Chinese New Years with my kids. We do a cooking event.

Terri
The First Grade Princess

Ashley Powledge said...

I'm so excited to use your Chinesse New Year pack! To celebrate, we'll also have a tea party with fortune cookies:-)

Mia Mossberg78 said...

HipHop recording sensation Provy Suflayy released his first single off of his upcoming project!!

‘A Star Burnin Brite’ feat. Rachel Schryvers

It is now available on Itunes and other fine online retailers.

Check out the music video on youtube!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X06H7IVEbAY