Thursday, January 10, 2013

RTI: Phonemic Awareness

I have a couple of littles that are struggling so much with phonemic awareness...they're just not used to playing with sounds, they're unaware that sounds can be manipulated..sometimes it seems like they can't hear the beginning sound..sometimes it's the ending..and don't get me started with rhyming! Ohgoodnessme..rhyming is soooo hard for one little in particular.

A while back I voiced some concern over this itsy bitsy problem..and lo and behold sweet Amanda Richardson from Mrs. Richardson's Class..came to the rescue and sent me the most amazing packet to help out my littles...isn't that sweet?! Here it is organized in my pretty pink binder...my little that's struggling with rhyming is loving the activities...I like this packet so much that I decided to give Amanda a shout out!

Take a look at all the things she has included:



 
This wonderful tool is meant to help the classroom teacher easily organize their intervention activities and data keeping. Amanda has included a variety of interventions, assessments, and data sheets to keep you organized. I personally used the assessment provided as a pre-assessment..I documented where my littles are at this time..I've been providing interventions based on their needs and then will reassess in two weeks. I'm hoping that these interventions will help..so far they're loving the little songs and the fun activities. I {puffy} heart that all of the data sheets are provided..it'all combined together in one little package..and as a
Texas teacher I'm lovin' that the activities are aligned with the TEKS..score!

The pictures above show you just the rhyming area in my binder...I keep all intervention activities in sheet protectors or in the small brown envelopes for easy handling. The following list is what's included in the rest of the packet.

Phonemic Areas Addressed:
Rhyming
Syllable Segmentation
Beginning Sounds
Ending Sounds
Medial Sounds
Blending Onset-Rime
Phoneme Blending
Deleting Phonemes
Segmenting Phonemes

Included are:
21 intervention activities (3 for each area addressed)
9 easy data recording sheets (1 for each area addressed)
9 assessments (1 for each area addressed)
9 explanation pages (1 for each area addressed)

If you're interested in Amanda's neat little packet...you can find it here.
Amanda is so sweet..she is giving the complete First Grade RTI: Phonemic Awareness packet  to one of you!
All you have to do is stop by her little blog..and start following her, then come back and leave a message here on this post..don't forget to leave your email addy. I'll choose a winner on Sunday.
Good luck! 

44 comments:

Sarah Paul said...

I just got some fonts from Amanda! Love them! I'm so excited to see she sells a phonemic awareness pack. I'm sure it's fabulous! :) I have a little one that just now started being able to blend sounds together to sound out 3 letter words. COMPLETE lack of phonemic awareness! It's been a struggle but he is such a fantastic kiddo and I'm so proud of him! It's so great to make that breakthrough. Phonemic awareness is such an important skill that sometimes is overlooked. So glad you're giving it some extra attention! :) Good luck with your kiddo who can't rhyme. That's tough!! If anyone can do it, you can!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Calli Brianne said...

This looks great!! I'll definitely be heading over to check out her blog! Thanks :)

Calli
http://the1stgradegarden.blogspot.com

ksteacher81 said...

I follow her. This set would be a great help to my reading groups.
Ruthanne rarace81@gmail.com

Kiah said...

Who couldn't use a little more RtI help!? Seems like that's all we do sometimes...
The pack looks great and definitely could be put to good use in my classroom! I'm going to have to check out her other stuff now, too :)

Kiah
kiah.m.berg@gmail.com

Coconut Cutie said...

I am a follower of both of you on TPT and blogs. If you get a chance, check out my blog & TPT store for I am a Texas teacher too! coconutcutiesclassroom.blogspot.com

Mrs. Lofgren said...

Love this RTI! I now follow Amanda's blog! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jennifer
lofgrenj@vail.k12.az.us

Jay Pea said...

Boy I sure could use this!! I follow both xblogs! :)
Jrowell11@gmail.com

Liz said...

I could definitely use this!! Already a follower!
Liz
Teaching in the Valley
teachinginthevalley@gmail.com

katiemg said...

I love the Rti activities! I follow both blogs! Thanks for sharing!

katiemg said...

Sorry, I forgot my email. It's goldbc90@verizon.net.
Thanks

Shelly Sitz said...

I taught kindergarten for 18 years. Now I teach second grade. I still have students that struggle with phonemic awareness.

Shelly

Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

Pam said...

Thanks so much for sharing such an awesome resource! I follow Amanda's blog.
pdhernandezvt@gmail.com

rebecca sutton said...

Thanks so much! I follow Amanda's blog and TpT store!
I'd love this!
rebasutton@gmail.com


Rebecca
Teaching First

thepolkadotowl said...

This is an amazing resource for our littles :) I follow and adore both :)

thepolkadotowl said...

Oh yeah thepolkadotowl@fgmail.com

Teresa P. said...

I love the binder you use to organize all of the RTI "stuff"! All of that stuff can be very overwhelming and hard to organize. In my perfect world I would be this organized. (soon I hope soon)
Teresa @ Fun in K/1

Rebecca Young said...

Tis pack looks great. I desperately needed something like this LAST year!
Thanks for the chance to win this.
Rebecca

Cherie said...

I'm already a follower of Amanda's blog. The RTI packs looks great for my soon to be first grader!

cheriemae@gmail.com

Cherie said...

I'm already a follower of Amanda's blog. The RTI packs looks great for my soon to be first grader!

cheriemae@gmail.com

Rachel said...

I am a follower! Would love to win!

rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

Heather Byers said...

I've been following her blog but I started following her TpT store too:)

This would be amazing to have with my first graders this year. FIngers crossed!!!

Heather
heather.byers@saintpaulschool.net
The Busy Busy Hive

Mrs. McHaffie said...

What a fantastic resource!!! I now follow her! :)

Thanks Gladys for showcasing this tool!

kellymchaffie@hotmail.com

Cindy said...

I follow Amanda's blog! :o)

Cindy
ccfirstteacher@gmail.com

Jen Kroske said...

This packet is awesome! Would love to win! jkroske@gmail.com

Primary Paradise said...

This packet would be great. One of my little RTI groups needs this desperately. I'm a new follower of Amanda's blog and am a follower of yours. Thanks so much.
primaryparadise@gmail.com
Tammy
Primary Paradise

rlawruk said...

Very neat resource!

lawruk86@gmail.com

Erica said...

Who couldn't use a great RTI pack? It seems like all I do is collect data! I'm already a follower of Amanda's blog! butler . erica @ gmail . com

Amanda Hotchkiss said...

fingers crossed! I followed! ammcbride1@gmail.com

Heather said...

I now follow her blog. This pack looks great!!!
Heather
Lagmom9906@yahoo.com

Cecilia said...

This looks great. I have some struggling firsties. I am now follow her blog and TPT store.
cbartram@kitcarsonschool.com

Cecilia said...

Oops following

Special Teacher for Special Kids said...

I have been following her blog AND store! This resource has been on my wishlist since Christmas. I would love to win it from your blog. I have a few ELL students and my special education students would benefit grately from it.

Thank you for the chance to win.

Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
:o) V.
Special Teacher for Special Kids

krazy4K said...

would love to win! i'm following her blog and yours too!
krazy4K.blogspot.com
kteacher1968@gmail.com

Daina Roberts said...

Oh my goodness, love this file! I am the 1st grade ESE inclusion teacher at my school and some of my poor babies struggle so much it breaks my heart! Perhaps this would help them to be more confident and successful! Fingers crossed!

Dainaroberts@live.com

Stephanie Elton said...

I can never have enough data keeping materials! This packet looks so detailed and organized. Awesome! I am officially a follower of Amanda. oustephanie@msn.com

Tamara @ Lifes A Beach in 1st Grade said...

What a great packet! I would love it. I just followed her!

Tamara
ladyb1979@yahoo.com

Chiclet Santos said...

I love both of your blogs and am now a dedicated follower... would love her packet!
santos_nancy2004@yahoo.ca

thanks!!

sarah said...

I follow both blogs and would love this packet!

mcreynolds.sarah@gmail.com

Jennifer Vukosic said...

I am a follower of both of you!!

Jen
jeneratorj@gmail.com

Mrs. Graham said...

This looks like a great intervention packet for my struggling readers.
I now follow both blogs. Thanks for the blog suggestion.
spotteddog@austin.rr.com

Kelly M said...

Love the RtI pack! It looks great! I am now a follower of both blogs!

kmkoala1@gmail.com

Mrs. Sara Malchow said...

Would love to win this. I have 2 firsties right now that are in total need of this! Fingers crossed as it would be printed and in use by Wed if I win! :-)
sjmalchow@pulaskischools.org

Karyn said...

I follow Amanda's blog and TpT store! This packet looks amazing!

œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net

Amanda Craig said...

I just began following Amanda. I love this! I am a first year teach and I am always looking for awesome resources like this! Thank you for sharing!
Amanda Craig
amandavcraig@yahoo.com