Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Most Random Post Ever

This might be the most random post ever..so I hope you hang with me..it is full of pics..because I'm a visual person..and that's just how I roll. ;)
First of all..I saw this floating around Pinterest..and thought it was the cutest thing ever..I managed to track down the original source..you can find it here. Mrs. Sandberg has the cutest anchor charts and art lessons. My littles needed a bit of help with verbs..so Vicky Verb came to their rescue! Thanks Mrs. Sandberg! 

So my firsties have been very busy learning all about MLK, Jr. They were in awe when they viewed Martin's Big Words..I even had a little say that it was so not fair the way some people were treated back then..and then they all said that MLK was a true hero..bless their hearts..they get it! 
If you're still in need of some fun MLK activities I have a nifty 'lil unit at my TpT store

Our district did not have the day off yesterday..but today we did..well let me rephrase that..the kids had a day off. Yes..classes were cancelled today..not because of freezing temperatures or anything..after all I do live in south Texas..nope cancellation was due to a water pipe problem. Due to a water pipe problem and the lack of water..classes were cancelled. 
So what does this mean? 
Teacher workday, of course! 
And let me tell 'ya..I was so productive..praise the Lord for the little things! Take a look at my day. ;)
Focus wall and centers were printed and laminated.
My sweet friend Alisha is creating this uber awesome unit..I really needed it ASAP and she sent it to me..just because she rocks like that! Love her!
All of this printing, laminating, more printing, and more laminating was done with music playing in the background..thanks to Pandora and my latest country crush. ;)

Pheeewww..wasn't that the most random post ever?! 
I'll leave you with another random pic..my cutie is obsessed with iFontMaker.
I can't wait to see her first font ever..I may even use it in one of my little units. ;)

15 comments:

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

Ohhhh I love font maker too! Is that a stylus? If so where I'd you purchase it?
Yolanda

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

I meant where did you purchase..:)

Across the Hall said...

I'd say you had a pretty productive day!! My husband is addicted to Font Maker too!

{I love your blog, and I have to admit, i was a lurker for such a long time...love your stuff!}

Happy Tuesday!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Heather L said...

Thank you for introducing me to Mrs. sandberg's blog. Her charts are awesome! I'm following her now.

Heather at TeachItToday!

Heather's Heart said...

Y'all are lucky. We had a water line bust last year. They did not cancel school....we had maintenance workers run a hose from nearby to the school. They filled up buckets and we pottied in shifts with them filling the toilets after every class...it was disgusting!!!

I cannot wait to see the font your little sweetie pie makes. =)

All of your hard work today looks wonderful. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Bridget S said...

That is great you got an extra day off! I love Vicky Verb!!!
Bridget
Literacy Without Worksheets

Alisha P said...

ummm...if that isn't pressure to get it finished, I don't know what is!!

Miss Kindergarten said...

Love that font!! She's a teacher blogger in the making!

Power Point Presentations said...

I have been visiting various blogs for solved question papers for physics. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards
Electrical Engineering

Nicole said...

We had school cancelled a few years ago because of rain. Yes! Rain!! The drainage here is not so hot... because we hardly ever have rain. So over a couple of days it rained like 11 inches! EVERYthing was flooded! LOL! Love work days!!
Nicole

Ramon Abajo said...

I am your new follower. You have really cute stuff!

Best,
Ramon
Fonts 4 Teachers
Fonts 4 Teachers in TPT


Kelley Dolling said...

Lovin' everything about this post!!!!

Cecilia said...

Yay I have been waiting for this post. I am visual as well so love your post.Now off to Mrs. Sandburg. Thank you!

Julie Marciniak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Marciniak said...

I am wanting to revamp my FOCUS wall area with more practical anchor charts! I love the display in this post! Thanks for sharing!
Julie
Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe