Monday, September 10, 2012

Classroom Pics 2012-2013

I'm finally sitting down to post some pictures of my classroom set up for this year. Pheeeww! The first two weeks of school have been crazy busy...my sweet class has had to put up with all the craziness of the beginning of year...but they're troopers all 22 of them..and they are absolutely fantabulous!
Okay..so without further delay here are my classroom pics..
small group table..and part of classroom library..this is where the magic happens. ;)
another angle..here you can see the bulletin board that will be full of reading anchor charts..once we get started on those important reading strategies. I {puffy} heart my numbers with 10 frames..it's a great visual for my little firsties.
my dots on chocolate calendar set is awesome! My whole group area is in front of this white board..{no smartboard for this teacher..yet..boo!} but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture {double boo!}
Christie's good listening rules are in my whole group area..my firsties recite them every morning during our morning meeting..and y'all they really help with their behavior on the rug!
Thanks, Christie!!
I'm in love with that "Reading is a Hoot!" bulletin board...can you spot the dots on chocolate border? I'm obsessed..I tell 'ya! ;)
computer center..with more owl decor.
listening center..I want one of those chevron rugs..that my bestie Alisha snagged up at Big Lots for this area..if only we had a Big Lots in my tiny town..{sigh!}
word work center..as you can see from my alphabet  I am OBSESSED with chevron..lovely!
I'm also thinking a small rug in this area would complete the look..though I love my concrete floor..it's hard and cold for my littles.
my writing center bulletin board..looking fabulous thanks to Creative Teaching Press, Cara, and Lindsey. A humoungous thanks goes out to all of them..they make my life as a first grade teacher..a little bit easier. ;)
 
I {puffy} heart my classroom...and I know that lots of learning will take place within these four walls..I hope that everyone has a FABULOUS school year!
 
I'm linking up with..


23 comments:

Mrs. Lundquist said...

I love your room! Adorable!

graciegirl said...

I had the same issue with my student's sitting on the cold floor. I picked up a bunch of assorted {and free} carpet samples at a carpet store that didn't need them anymore. They're big enough for 'our' bums and plenty room for the little bums. Just tell them you're a teacher!!!

Courtney said...

Thanks for linking up! Your classroom looks great!

Swimming into Second

Jaque said...

its wonderful room.

Miss Nelson said...

Your room is precious. Love all the colors.

Elisabeth said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your room!!! It's so pretty and colorful! Your classroom library with the owl is my favorite! :)

Elisabeth
www.missdelk.blogspot.com

Antoinette Hedrich said...

Your room looks GREAT! Have a wonderful year :)

Toni
Hedrich’s Hive

Alisha said...

Now I said I'd try to send you one!!!:)

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Love all the colors!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

~DeAnne~ said...

Your room looks GREAT!!

įƒ¦DeAnne
First Grade and Fabulous

Mrs. Scoma said...

Your room looks awesome! I'd LOVE to be a first grader in your class!! :-)

Sarah Paul said...

Your room looks so great! I bet your first graders love to be in your classroom! :)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Miss Foote said...

Looks great. I love the stool.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

the teacher diva said...

love your room!!!

xo-ashley

www.theteacherdiva.blogspot.com

Lisa Mattes said...

Can I please come hang out in your room? So super cheerful and fun!!! Thanks for posting!!

Growing Firsties

Alison Hislop said...

I love your calendar on the wall!

Thanks for sharing!

Alison
Teaching Maths with Meaning

Mrs. Dwyer said...

Thanks for the peek into your room! It's very pretty and so soothing! I saw a few things that we have in common too! Thanks again! =)

~Tanya
Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

Lori Joyce said...

The Columbus unit looks great! I love following your blog. Thanks.

Miss Kindergarten said...

Not sure why I never told you how obsessed I am with your classroom before!!! I am obsessed with it!!!

Jason Ratner said...

Adorable classroom! Coordinated and inviting! As a kindergarten teacher, I just can't see starting a sentence with a lowercase letter (on the "do you have a writer's eye?" board); just a personal pet-peeve, to each her own!

Jessica said...

Where can I find those Good Listener posters? Those would be great for my new Pre-K class!

Ashley Reeves said...

Look for rugs at kirklinds too. I got my green one 75%off

mrsashleyreeves.blogspot.com

Gabrielle said...

Hey there!
I absolutely love your adorable classroom!
Did you make your own flip chart ( the green pocket chart) that is on your small group table???


I love it!!

Loveandteachon.blogspot.com

Gabrielle