Monday, July 9, 2012

Look What I've Been Doing..

Hey y'all!
How's everyone doing on this beautiful Monday? I hope everyone's been keeping cool...because down here in Texas it is HOT! Hot, hot, hot! Scorching hot!
Okay..I think you catch my drift. Anyway..I know that many of you have been planning for next year already..and as much as I didn't even want to think about that yet..my friend Alisha is on a roll..so I had to get in gear and keep up with her...thanks, A..for all the motivation you've given me! ;)
So here are a couple of things I've been working on:
I love this little unit..the skills covered are geared for 1st and 2nd graders..and the activities are perfect for those first few weeks of school. I know that my little firsties are going to love it! So fun!
Here are just a few more pages for your enjoyment..ha!
You can find this unit at my 'lil TpT store..it is 70 pages full of fun and engaging activities.
For the first 24 hrs. it will be on sale for $2.50 after that it will go up to its regular price of $5.50.
So quickly, grab it while you can! Lol!

The other little project I have been working on are these dolch phrases.
My firsties LOVE these packets! I think it's the cute clipart that wins them over..but who cares, right?! As long as they are practicing their reading fluency...it's all good!
These cards come in two sizes..one for the teacher to use during whole group instruction, the other for the students to use at a center or for small group instruction. I usually use them in my guided reading groups.
These are the smaller cards, the bigger cards are the size of a page.
I will be adding more dolch phrases with different themes..if you have a theme in mind and would like me to create these for you..just shoot me an email..and I'll be glad to help you out.

Now, I know that I always give out my newest units for free to the first 2 people to comment..but since I created the dolch phrases last week..and completely forgot to blog about it..{it's the heat, I tell 'ya!} I will be giving both packets away to the first 5 people to leave me a comment stating their favorite back to school activity.

I promise..I'll be back this week with a little giveaway..and I'll give you a hint..I may be giving something away from this 'lil website..

I'm so excited! ;)
 Until next time..toodles!

24 comments:

ksteacher81 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ksteacher81 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie said...

I love going on a "treasure hunt" around our school to meet all of our important people and teachers we'll need to know. I change it up every year so we're looking for something different (Chester, Gingerbread Man, etc.)
Vickie
vick727@yahoo.com

ksteacher81 said...

I love doing jitter juice and reading First Day Jitters.
Ruthanne rarace81@gmail.com

linsw said...

I love having kids shre five things about themselves from a paper bag!
Cute unit!
Lwohlford@live.com

Meredith Gilbert said...

First Day Jitters is awesome!
Sunshine, Sand and Scissors
missgilbert01@gmail.com

Michelle Phan said...

I like to do a self portrait of the students with information all around them...

MissMichellePhan@yahoo.com

Lori Rosenberg said...

My favorite back to school activity is Find a Friend!

—ľ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Lisa R. said...

Aww missed it, but just wanted to tell you that everything looks great! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Lisa R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I love your units!

Alisha said...

Now, I have been slacking on creating units lately! But I am getting some other back to school things accomplished for my room:):).

Swersty said...

Girl, you have been busy! It's still July--where do you get your energy?

Swersty’s Swap Shop

Heather's Heart said...

You ROCK! I love all of your stuff.

We are either doing a Chester or Pete the Cat scavenger hunt this year...maybe both. Human bingo and magic balls are 2 of my favorite activities for the first day.

If you want some *freebies* for math and word study I would love for you to hop over to my blog...I have shared TONS! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Kristen said...

aw man, why do I teach the older students?? Just joking (well, mostly). This is adorable and totally enticing--I love it!!!

Can't wait to see the giveaway!!!! :)

AmberO said...

Just bought and previewed this packet...it's FABULOUS! I am so excited to have purchased it on sale; thanks! Well-worth the full price, though:) Now, all your Dolch phrases are in my wish list!!

Nicole said...

So bright and colorful!! Just wish I taught 1st or 2nd now! Maybe my kids won't mind the school theme at the END of the year?!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Susan Moran said...

You are fantastic!! Love the new packet and I love me some Erin Condren - woo hoo!!

Susan
T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

Kayela said...

Great Job! This is amazing!
counselinghearts.blogspot.com

Mom2zem said...

I love his idea! I can't wait for my first graders to get started! This will help us all year as friendships are good for working on teams and in small groups!!
Thanks! Libby

Jena Snowden said...

I'm going to T-P-T. :)

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

The Amazing Classroom Blog said...

Thanks so much for your great post. I love using First Day Jitters at the beginning of every year with my new students. I just found your blog and love it! I am your newest follower. Stop by and visit me at the Amazing Classroom Blog. I will be checking back soon. I am so excited for school to start already. I especially love the beginning of the year, open house, meeting the students, etc....

Sarah Paul said...

Hi Gladys!

I hope you're enjoying your summer! It feels like it's flying by so quickly. I bought your Fun at School pack and it's fabulous! Great work:)

Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Ermanno Gnutti said...

Ciao sono Ermanno, innanzitutto complimenti per il tuo blog! Volevo segnalarti che abbiamo aperto un sito www.skillbros.it nel quale le persone mettono in vendita le proprie passioni venendo remunerate! Oppure imparano accrescendo le proprie capacità divertendosi e socializzando! In questi giorni si svolge un corso di heels class....
A presto!