Friday, April 27, 2012

Randomness on a Friday

Hey y'all...after 3 days of administering our lovely STAAR test..I am 12 kinds of exhausted..but delighted it is finally over! I'm sure all that hard work is going to pay off beautifully. ;)
This is what got me through the day...
Yes...coffee and FUN DAY! We had fun day in the morning...only in the morning because it's been too dang hot in the afternoon...think 105 degrees hot! Wowie! And it's still April...can you imagine July and August? Scorchers for sure!
In the afternoon..I started DRA testing with my little darlings..so proud of them..they are doing awesome. 

On another note...
Learning Resources has a fabulous teacher grant that you should definitely check out...here's a little info to get you started. 
Learning Resources announces the sponsorship of a teacher grant hosted by WeAreTeachers. To apply, teachers must answer this question: “How would you use portable interactive technology to create collaborative lessons?” After the application process concludes, educators can invite colleagues to vote for their favorite lesson ideas. Each of the three top vote getters will win a set of three now!Boards and three GeoSafari Tuff Cams, a prize package valued at $2,000. Additionally, two merit-based winners selected by a panel of teachers will each win one now!Board and one GeoSafari Tuff Cam, a total value of $700. Teachers can apply for the grant online through May 22, 2012.
For more information and to apply for the grant click here.

Oh..and don't forget to enter the Easi-Speak USB Recorder Giveaway. Click here to go to that post.

One last thing...I want to leave you with a sneak peak at my next unit...coming soon...I promise.
Have a great evening...toodles!

8 comments:

Alisha said...

Looks super cute! Can't wait to see it!

Rachel said...

Looking forward to it!

Nicole said...

Oh.my.word! I'm in TX too and just baaarely survived those 3 days this week! Longest. week. ever!! Glad we both made it and your space unit looks super cute!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

JennyB said...

I can't believe it is already so hot!
How will we all survive this summer?! I have 3 kids myself and we HAVE to go outside! Looks like we'll have to be up at the crack of dawn! :)

JennyB
Funtastic Fun in First Grade

Crayons and Curls said...

My daughter was stressing this week over those tests! Glad this week is done! :)
I love my Easi-Speak!!! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Kristen said...

Congrats on finishing the test!! I can't believe how hot it is in your area. It is freezing here right now, though I'm not sure I want it to be that hot either! Your new unit sounds awesome :)

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Glad you got a fun day!
Jennifer =)
First Grade Blue SKies

Jaycee Weaver and Lohren Nolan said...

Just started following!! Love your blog.

totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

Lohren Nolan