Friday, March 23, 2012

Guest Blogger...Teri

Hi everyone!  It's Teri from



A Cupcake for the Teacher
I'm so excited to be guest blogging here today :)
{Thank you, Gladys!!  Love ya, girl!!!}


Let's get started!

I buy bins, baskets, and trays like there's no tomorrow.
My husband Some might say I'm obsessed.
I'm always in search of the perfect storage solution!
Here's a little look :)

I have a tray for each subject:
Plus the fun extras like holiday coloring, etc.
I copy my master copies at the beginning of the week, paper clip them,
and drop them in the appropriate tray.
See how I organize master copies of my theme papers here.

I also use these trays to make things easier for my classroom aide.
She puts HW, notices, etc. into my kiddos' take-home folders each day.
We use a BEE Book with two sides: "Left at Home" and "Right Back to School."
I put papers in the appropriate bins so my aide knows where to put them :)
There are also baskets for their BEE Books and their Spelling HW books.
The kids drop them off each morning so my aide can go through them.
They pick them up at the end of the day in their cubbies.

 I use mini baskets for pencils:
Read a little about my pencil policy here.

All of my math manipulatives can be found in baskets and bins as well:

Even our dust pans have a home in bins:



I also have bins for all of my supplies {glue, index cards, glitter, etc.}
but I forgot to take a picture.  Oops!


So as you can see, I have a slight obsession :)
I hope my addiction can help you organize and do some
"spring cleaning" in your own classroom!
Thanks for sticking around!!


Please visit/follow me!
my blog
Pinterest
Facebook


And be sure to check out my fun Spring activities on TpT!!

Thanks for your post, Teri! We all need an organization fairy! ;)

9 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Love the labeling!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Mrs. M said...

I'm obsessed with baskets and bins too, but you just gave me some great ideas!
Bobbie
http://thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.blogspot.com/

Hadar said...

LOVE!!! Esp the "left at home" and "right back to school"…could that be any cuter??!

Sarah Paul said...

I am constantly wanting to change my bins! I love how you have it organized. Your bins and labels look so nice. You're getting me inspired to change mine yet again... :)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Mrs. Felicia Proffitt said...

I love how you label your baskets! This is something I have struggled with because I try different things but none have worked as well as I have wished they would. Great idea to use clothes pins!

luckeyfrog said...

The math manipulative storage is so smart!

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

applesandabcs said...

This helps to see pictures and descriptions! Cute!!!

Michelle

Apples and ABC's

Miss Val Val said...

Where did you get your baskets where you hold your dust pans in?
I have been looking for similar ones!
Thanks!
Valerie
missvalval @ gmail dot com

3rd Grade Thoughts said...

This looks great! I love how everything is so colorful, but in a similar, super-organized way! Love!!

~Stephanie
3rd Grade Thoughts