Sunday, February 26, 2012

Teacher Feature

Hi friends..I hope everyone is having a great weekend...I know I sure am! 
Yesterday our school participated in our annual UIL competition...this was the 34th year participating in this event..this is some serious stuff, y'all! And I couldn't be prouder of my two little contestants! I'm the UIL coach for Storytelling at my school...which is an event only for 2nd and 3rd grade...well my 2nd grade contestant got 6th place..which is really good considering it's a district wide competition. But my 3rd grader got 1st place!! This is the 2nd year in a row that she takes the 1st place...last year she also got 1st place as a 2nd grader...I am so proud of my little one! I've been coaching her since she was in 1st grade and it's been an amazing ride...she's grown up so much and is a wonderful storyteller...I wish y'all could see her...she's AMAZING! I'm also a little sad because this was her last year with me...next year she'll be participating in Oral Reading which is an event for 4th-6th grade students..bittersweet, I tell 'ya. So as you can see it's been a hectic weekend so far..but today is another day. :)

Ok..so that's it for my weekend adventures..today I'll be staying home..catching up on blog stalking, Pinterest, and oh yeah lesson plans and grades...can't forget those things! Oh, the life of a 1st grade teacher...is so exciting!
Don't think for a minute that I've forgotten about my Teacher Features though..again..life got CRAZY busy this past week..so I"m having it to do on a Sunday..but no worries..I picked two super cute ladies to feature..their blogs are awesome..you'll be so glad you stopped by to check them out!

Here we go!
First is Chistina from Second Grade Sugar and Spice
Christina is in her 4th year of teaching, she taught 2 years in 1st and is now in her second year in 2nd grade. She loves sharing ideas and activities with other teachers and adores creating classroom themes. 
This year Christina has a Candyland theme in her classroom...how fun is that?!?
This Candyland board is what her students use to master their math facts. When a student passes their timed test for the level they are on, they move up the Candyland board. Each time a student passes a landmark on the gameboard they receive a reward. Christina does an amazing job in motivating her little ones to master those facts as quickly as possible..and talk about differentiation..her students are moving up at their own pace. Love this idea!
This is Christina's cute Candyland Writing Board. As her students move through the writing process, they move their gumball to show which stage they are on...at a glance she knows exactly where her students are and what they should be doing..definitely a great management tool!
Christina also loves sharing freebies with other teachers..here are 2 cute printables I found perfect for this week of all things Dr. Seuss. 

Please stop by Second Grade Sugar and Spice to find more cuteness, and while you're there..don't forget to follow! 

Second is Sandra from Sandra's Savvy Teaching Tips
Sandra is a Canadian teacher in Vancouver, she has been teaching for 19 years and is currently teaching 2nd grade. She also loves paper crafting and has been doing this for many years...you can definitely tell her love of crafting by the artwork projects she has her students do in her classroom...take a looksie. 
 
 
 
Aren't these amazing?!? Wow!
Please stop by Sandra's blog for more cute and savvy teaching tips...and don't forget to follow!
That's it for today peeps...if you want to be featured here on Teaching in High Heels shoot me an email to let me know. :)
Until next time, toodles!

4 comments:

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

great blogs today! :)
The Teacher’s Cauldron

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

The student art is amazing!
Jennifer

First Grade Blue SKies

Rachelle said...

Wow!!!! That artwork is FABULOUS!!!!!!!

Sheri said...

I <3 your TEACHER FEATURE posts!!! They are GREAT!!! AMAZING artwork in this last one!!! I enjoy reading your posts:)
Sheri
1st GRADE ROCKS!!!!