Monday, February 13, 2012

Love this Pencil Sharpener!

So not too long ago I contacted Troy to see if I could test his sharpener in my classroom. You guys...my little firsties go through pencils like there is no tomorrow! We used to have a shmancy fancy pencil sharpener...a $300...pencil sharpener...it didn't last very long...I don't know what it is with my first graders and sharpeners...they just don't get along...and sadly..pencil sharpeners just end up dying in my classroom! So unfortunate, I know! 
I got so tired of it one day that I came to the conclusion...my kiddos had to bring their own sharpeners and sharpen their own pencils...let me tell 'ya...NIGHTMARE!! Thank goodness Troy has allowed us to try his uber cool sharpener in our little classroom...and y'all..I am impressed! 

Here are some of the things I REALLY like: 
1. It truly lives up to its name...it is most definitely the quietest classroom pencil sharpener I have come across.
2. It is super easy to use...even my little ones were able to use it!
3. It makes THE sharpest point I have ever seen with any pencil sharpener..it even sharpens those cheap dollar store pencils! I hate writing with a dull pencil...so this is perfect!
4. It can be mounted or not...it's up to you.
5. Super easy to clean...love!
6. Blades are replaceable...if ever need be. 

This is what it looks like...cute, huh?
If you are interested in getting one of these lovely sharpeners click here or the picture below. 

It's only $19.95 and totally worth it! Plus it's free shipping!

Thanks Troy...for creating such a wonderful classroom tool! 

Disclaimer: I received this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review and opinion. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the company or the free product provided.  :)

19 comments:

Alisha said...

I received mine from Oh' Farley from winning it on a Currently Giveaway. It came last week, but without that little card you got! I had to google how to get it to work! HA! No joke. I spent a little time even when my kids were in my classroom trying to figure it out! I talked it up REAL big about how amazing it was, so they are all really excited if I happen to sharpen their pencil with it! I haven't done everyone's on it yet, I'm trying to play it up REAL big still:) I love it though, I keep it right next to me by my elmo:).

Maria Youngblut said...

I have the green sharpener. I have had it for a couple of years and absolutely love it!!! It is about the only sharpener in our school that works, so everyone comes to borrow mine - especially since it's ITBS testing this week and they need those sharpened #2 pencils!

Edana said...

I have the green one too!!! LOVE IT :)

Color Me Kinder

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

I'm so going to hav to get me one of those! I'm seeing them everywhere now -lol!

Courtney said...

I need this... I hate my sharpener that I bought at Wal-Mart!!

Lori said...

I just ordered 3 of them! I have been looking for a new sharpener and one that doesn't cost as much as my Xacto one that won't work anymore! Thanks for the suggestion!
Lori from Little Priorities

carissa at lowercase letters said...

wow! now that is a pencil sharpener! : )

Kristen said...

I just got one finally--you convinced me Gladys, thanks so much!
Kristen

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Well, now you have me convinced too! Ordering... :)
❤Teri

A Cupcake for the Teacher

KRISTA said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to look into getting this pencil sharpener for my class. We've had an electric pencil sharpener that lasted about 3 weeks. Sharpening pencils has been a nightmare. We've even resorted to mechanical pencils..

Have a great evening!

Krista
stellar-students

Amy said...

Wow I am jealous!! I definitely want one now.

Amy

The Crazy Adventures of a University Graduate

vicky1970 said...

How cool is that? I am pretty sure my students are eating their pencils... LOL I am going to look into getting that for sure. Come visit me sometime I'm new to blogging and could use some followers and input. :o)
~ Vicky
http://www.traditionslaughterandhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com
http://www.vickymoore2.com

Ms. Rachel said...

Every time I see that sharpener, I want it more!! someday....


Rachel
Ms. Rachel’s Room

Ms. Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss DeCarbo said...

Gladys,

Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the Dr. Seuss writing pack. :)


Second Grade Sugar and Spice

Kimberly said...

Every time I see someone write about this, I want one. Then I don't get one. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! I HAVE to order one now.

First in Maine

Kate said...

There are NO words to explain how much I hate, hate, HATE my pencil sharpener at school! I only have about $100 (from PTO) to buy supplies for next year. This is at the TOP of my list!

creatively cary said...

Just went and ordered one! I only have 3 students (home school mom), and we have been through 3 sharpeners already this year!! I hate mine! Can not wait to get my new one!! Thanks!!

Christine Quimby said...

I have this sharpener and it's the best. Works great. Go to website for 'how it works' and to see 'how to clean it'. I used it for colored pencils and thought it broke, but it didn't just a little tip of pencil got stuck in the mechanism. Super easy to clean and fix, and back to the sharpest pencils I have ever used!
And though, it isn't completely silent, it is very quiet.
Happy writing.
Chris Q
www.mrsquimbyreads.blogspot.com