Thursday, January 5, 2012

So Excited!

Hey y'all! 
As you can see from the title of my post I am so excited!
Today was our 2nd day back since our Christmas Break..and as much as I would like to say that my kiddos have been calm and quiet..and perfect angels...they just haven't! 
I'm just keeping it real, y'all! 
They've been chatty and squirmy and...well you get the picture...but they've also been eager to get back into our routine...and except for a couple of little pills (bless their hearts!)...they've been good kiddos!
We started our MOY DRA assessments...and so far everyone has been at a level 10 or above...woohoo! I even had a child go from a level 4 BOY to a level 14 MOY and his fluency rate is at 97 WPM...wowie! Impressive! I do have to say that this particular child has a wonderful support system at home...and his mom encourages and challenges him to practice his reading EVERYDAY. If only all of our kids' parents were like this...{sigh!}
Another reason why I'm super excited is that even though I've had my TpT store open for a while..(with some real cool freebies if I do say so myself..ha!)..I just haven't had time to make anything to sell, but that all changed last night when I listed my first "for sale" item..yippee! It's a little Winter Wonderland Math packet that you can check out hereAnd for even better news I just sold my first one today! Whoop, whoop! I'm totally on cloud 9...and can't believe it! 
Anywho..if any of you are interested in checking out this 'lil fun packet, please visit my TpT store...not only will you find the Winter Wonderland Math Games, you'll also find my fun freebies!
I hope you take a peek! 

Toodles!

13 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Your pack looks great! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Alisha said...

Woohoo!!! You did it!:) Super excited for you, my friend! P.S- I'll be getting back to your last email soon!

Lisa at Stories From Second said...

Your unit looks great! My kiddos have been chatty and squirmy too. I'm so jealous of the posts with quiet kiddos that have routines down pat. We've been doings lots of procedure reviews this week!
Lisa

StoriesFrom Second

Gladys said...

Thanks so much ladies! @ Alisha...thanks for your encouragement friend! :)

Kristen said...

Oh, what great news Gladys!!! Both in your classroom and about your store! Congrats on all accounts girl :)
Kristen

Jena Snowden said...

I was excited when I got the email from TPT saying you had posted a new item too! I totally know what you mean about the squirmy/ talkie kids. I think it must be the Texas winter weather. :)

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

Miss Griffin said...

Congrats on your first item! I have a few free things up, but my summer goal of creating activites to sell never really happened, and then poof! Summer was over! Today was our second day back too... I'm pretty excited that tomorrow is day 3... and Friday already! All of my kiddos stayed on green yesterday AND today so I'm crossing my fingers for 3 days in a row! I asked my kids how many days in a row they thought we could all stay on green and one of my sweet girls yelled out "800!" :)

Morgan
Fantastic First

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

I just put it in my shopping cart!! Looks great!
Ms. A

Miss DeCarbo said...

Congrats of your first TPT sale! I'm a new follower and new to the blogging world. I agree with the squirmy and chatty trend - On Tuesday and Wednesday we did "Daily 5 Boot Camp" to get back into the swing of things. I actually made them "Drop and give me 10 push-ups" after their first round haha! It made our stamina building a bit more fun. Good luck on all your new sales! :)

Second Grade Sugar and Spice

Traci said...

Congrats on your sale. Your packet looks so cute.
What IS with the squirmy, yackety-yackety kiddos??.... Oh My - the days seem SO long. :)
♥ Dragonflies in First ♥

Jaime said...

Hi! I was just wondering if you got my Blizzard of Books pack? I emailed it to you after you left me that sweet comment on my blog. : ) Jaime from http://whatsthebuzzinfirst.blogspot.com

Amy said...

LOVE your blog! I gave you an award over at my blog :)

http://thelandof2ndgrade.blogspot.com/

Heather's Heart said...

This looks great! I have LOTS of snowmen and penguin *freebies* if you want to come grab them! We are having a visit from on Penguin on the Shelf on Monday. Come hop over and read about it! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart