Sunday, January 15, 2012

Classroom Happenings

Hey y'all...happy Sunday!
I hope everyone is enjoying their 3 day weekend..as for me..I'll be heading to work at 7:15 in the am..armed with all the cute MLK activities I have accumulated from my bloggie friends!
Thanks a bunch, peeps!

So here's what my Firsties have been up to...
We have been learning all about inventors and inventions..so when I asked my friend Alisha to give me some fresh and new ideas she directed me to The First Grade Parade where I found these adorable light bulb anchor charts. 
Too cute!
Please forgive my Blackberry photos..and yes we are still missing two inventors; the Wright brothers and Thomas Edison will be added this week. 
After learning about the inventor, my kiddos had to write about them...I love first grade writing!
I also {puffy} heart the progress they have made!
love the drawing...as for the penmanship..well..it needs a little work. 

During my ESL time this week we read The Mitten by Jan Brett and made this story map.
As well as some other uber cute mitten activities..let's just say we had a blast! I'm so proud of my sweeties..they are being little sponges when it comes to learning English...LOVE!
 This idea again comes from Cara...thanks girl for being such an endless source of inspiration!
The little pictures are from Erin at Creating and Teaching {such a cute blog!}..we also used these for a sequencing activity that I forgot to take pictures of..oh well..you can find the printable at Erin's blog here.
If you haven't read The Mitten with your class yet..you can check out my Marvelous Mittens post for more ideas and links to some really cute stuff!

So that's it for my teaching week, now for some random stuff..I just realized that I have no pictures of myself on my blog {weird, right?!}..I'm usually behind the lens or the cell phone {in most cases} thus no cute pics of me..but I LOVE this picture taken of hubby and I..so I thought I would share it with the world! Ha!
I usually don't dress this fancy everyday...but in December my little 15 year old sister had her debutante ball..thus the reason for our formal attire. I absolutely adore this picture of my handsome hubby and I..and I most definitely love dressing up! ;)
This is my little sister Valeria...isn't she beautiful?!
Love that girl!
That's it peeps, I hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow..please think of me when you are in your pj's enjoying a cup of coffee while blog stalking. I'll be dealing with 15 little energizer bunnies...that keep going, and going, and going. Oh boy! 
Monday...here we come!

16 comments:

Holly said...

What a cutie pie you are and your little sis is gorgeous!!!!!

Sorry you have school tomorrow - but it sounds like you have a great day planned! :)

Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

I love that mitten story map! Those are some great blogs, yours included :) Your sister looks so pretty too :) Have a great rest of your weekend!

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

Lisa at Stories From Second said...

I love the inventors anchor charts! We are doing famous inventors in a few weeks, so I'm pinning them to come back to them when the time comes! :)
Thanks for giving us a peek into your room!
Lisa
Stories From Second

Jamie said...

Have fun tomorrow with your kiddos! It looks like you have a fun day planned and I love the ideas/links that you posted above! Always a great resource! ;-)

Jamie at 2nd Grade Stuff

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

You are both beautiful!
Love the light bulbs!! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Rachelle said...

Oh I love the pic of you and your hubby!!! So cute!!!

-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Those anchor charts are just adorable!!! Love the pics, thanks for sharing:)

4th Grade Frolics

readingcare said...

i never see such beautiful blog.
keep it up


improve vocabulary fast
TOEIC vocabulary flashcards

Hope King said...

Cute charts and GREAT picture of you and the hubs! :)

Hope
www.shenanigansinsecond.blogspot.com

~Maggie~ said...

Why is it that all I heard from your entire blog is 15 ENERGIZER BUNNIES! Haha! I'm incredibly jealous that you have such a small class! Your little sister is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Love from Texas!

Lauren Thompson said...

I am sharing the Versatile Blogger Award with you! Hop on over to my blog to pick up the button and get the rules! :)

Lauren
The First Grade Diaries

Mrs. Cupcake said...

The light bulb idea is fabulous!! And both you and your sis are gorgeous!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

berrina said...

very nice blog!!
www.berri001.blogspot.com
kiss
xx

carissa at lowercase letters said...

so many creative ideas for the classroom here!

The Lemonade Stand said...

I am sharing the Versatile Blogger Award with you! Hop on over to my blog to pick up the button and get the rules!

The Bubblegum Tree said...

Love the pic of your sister in the dress! She is adorable! The lightbulbs look great too! I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by the bubblegum tree : )