Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Little Word for 2012

Only a few hours left before we say goodbye to 2011...sadly it has come to an end...but don't despair...with all good endings, come great beginnings! 2011 was a fabulous year...but I am so looking forward to 2012! I know it will be a FANTASTIC year! 

Instead of having a New Year's resolution...{which leaves me feeling bad about myself when I abandon it...guilt is something I do not do well with}...this year I have decided to choose one little word that will keep me focused throughout the year. 

My OLW is...


There are many areas in my life that I would like to focus on nurturing this coming year. My relationship with God. My littles. And my husband. My growth as a mom, wife, daughter, sister, and teacher. Patience. Love. Photography and this little blog. 
I also know that I need to nurture myself..mind, spirit, and body. 
Easier said than done...but I'll definitely try.

There is something very special about the word nurturing..to me..it means slowing down, simplifying, and really taking the time to know the difference between the important things in life...and the trivial stuff. It means letting go...and enjoying the moment.

nurture~is my OLW this year. 

If you want to learn more about OLW click hereAli Edwards is the genius behind OLW...her blog is amazing...I hope you can visit her soon. 

Happy New Year friends!

What will your one little word be for 2012?

11 comments:

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Great word!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Smarties said...

Gladys,
Such great sentiments with that one word. I love this. Thanks so much for sharing.
Claire
www.firstgradesmarties.blogspot.com

Mommy Reads said...

Just checked out the site and joined the class. I needed this. Thank you!

Littlest Learners said...

Great link. I ove Lisa Leonard. I won a necklace from her this summer. It was a "love" necklace and has a little heart. One of her employees contacted me to say they could do an inscription on the back and I had her put my 3 kids names. I always wear it backwards because I love how it came out with their names on it.

I think the word I would select is "enjoy."

I'm such a planner which can be good, but it always has me looking ahead. I need to try to focus more on the moment.


❤Jodi from...
★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
Helping Teachers Get Organized

Deedee Wills said...

Happy New Year Gladys! Perhaps my olw is "present" as in being present, in the moment. My mind tends to drift away. I want to enjoy where I am today without always thinking (or worrying) about what is coming up next.

oohhh... and I also like the bling-y types of presents!
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Janine said...

What a great concept! I am now spending today coming up with my OLW! I love the link and the inspiration.

Happy New Year!

Faithful in First

Kristen said...

Happy New Year Gladys!!! I have to think about my word...
Kristen :)

Kate said...

What a beautiful post!I love OLW but I never actually did it....you got me thinking about some ideas for this year :)
Kate
http://tothesquareinch.wordpress.com

Kimberly said...

Happy New Year, Gladys! Love your OLW! We should all do more nurturing.
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Amber Polk said...

Happy New Year! LOVE your OLW! :) Thanks for following my blog!

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Mrs. Browning said...

I just gave your super cute blog an award!
Check out my blog for more details!!

darlininfirst.blogspot.com