Saturday, November 12, 2011

Classroom Update

My Firsties have been working soooo hard...all while having a blast learning...thanks to my bloggie friends and their fantabulous ideas! Seriously...what would I do without you guys?!

A couple of weeks ago we learned all about pumpkins...we described, charted and sequenced the lifecycle of a pumpkin...here is the one picture I took...sad I know...but I've been terrible about taking pictures! Ugggh!
We also read these books to learn more about our Veterans...my kiddos were in awe at how brave they are and how much our service men and women sacrifice for our freedom...I think they have a new found respect for our military families. 

Of course after reading all about our Veterans we had to do some writing...
My veteran was inspired by Cara at The First Grade Parade. Love that girl! She always has FABULOUS ideas!
 Isn't first grade writing just adorable?! Love those little soldiers!

My darlings have also been learning about skip counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's...when I saw this post from Ms. Simoneaux at First Grade Fresh I knew we had to do this activity...so stinkin' cute! My kiddos loved it!
I'll leave you with a sneak peak of our soon to be pie graph...I can't wait for next week! 

Well that's it...hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! 
Until next time...toodles!

4 comments:

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

I love the skip counting activity! I'm putting this on my list of things to do next week.
Ms.A

Kristin said...

So cute!!!!! Love the skip counting and the soldiers. :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Kristen said...

Everything is adorable! You guys have been really busy!! I love those papers you use to frame your students' work, is that scrapbook paper?
Kristen

Gladys said...

Thank you ladies! @Kristen...you're absolutely right! I use scrapbook paper to frame my students' work...I think it looks cute! ;)