Friday, February 18, 2011

Anchor Charts

I love anchor charts...they are evidence of classroom learning.
  An anchor chart displayed in a classroom anchors students' learning while providing continued support to those who need it.
We have a variety of anchor charts in our classroom...
these are just a few...
I usually make an anchor chart for our reading skills...this week it was cause and effect.
This anchor chart is for story structure...which is our skill next week.
I was greatly inspired by Ms. Simoneaux at First Grade Fresh...I HAD to make this comparing and contrasting anchor chart...too cute! And the kids really grasped the concept! Thanks for the inspiration Ms. Simoneaux!
The following are anchor charts I found on the web...(not my creations).
 
These are some anchor charts found on Debbie Diller's website.
Do you use anchor charts?
If you do...what do you think of their value in the classroom?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kinderpond said...

I think they are invaluable but ONLY if they are made with the children :) They must be part of the thinking/creating :)

Jennifer

Mrs. Scoma said...

What reading series do you use? We use Story Town and just did Cause/Effect.... Cute!! :)

Morgan said...

I LOVE anchor charts. I agree - you have to make them with the kiddos. Unfortunately, I have a serious lack of space so I can't leave them up all the time. Right now I have up one for our plant unit and one for our coin unit. The kids refer to them ALL the time.

Ms. Simoneaux said...

Thanks for the shout out! I LOVE anchor charts too! Such a great tool to refer back to and keep fresh in students' memories!

Nancy McNeal said...

Thanks for sharing your great ideas! Just wanted to let you know I linked to them today at http://nancymcneal.blogspot.com/2012/08/anchor-charts-five-essential-features.html

Shannon Rodriguez said...

I've seen anchor charts all over blog land, but I am confused on how to use them. Do you add the cute pictures before or while creating with the students?