Thursday, January 6, 2011

Penguin Poem

I'm getting ready to create a Penguin Mini-Unit for my firsties...we will start learning about Arctic animals next week...here is a cute poem they'll definitely have fun learning.

I Know a Little Penguin

I know a little penguin

Who sat on some ice blocks.

He lived in the Antarctica

And he climbed on some rocks!

He snapped at a walrus,

And he slid on the ice.

Then he snapped at a whale,

That wasn't very nice.

The penguin was hungry

He didn't need a dish.

He jumped into the ocean

To catch him some fish.

Isn't this little guy the cutest penguin you've ever seen?! You can find him in Brooke Perry's Penguin Sense Activity.
Chalk Talk has a fabulous Penguin Unit...you must check it out!
Really Roper shares some Penguin Songs found on You Tube...that are too cute!
Oceans of First Grade Fun has a Penguin Fact book...
Sarah at First Grader at Last...made the cutest penguin counters!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Ms.M said...

Well I couldn't be left out of the penguin fun. Go to my blog for a penguin tidbit to add to your penguin fun.

Ms. M
www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

Jodi said...

Cute poem. If you'd like some more penguin activities, I would love for you to check out my blog at www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

Katie Smith said...

Thank you for sharing! I am not very good at blogging but I am going to try to start blogging some of the things I do in my class. I feel guilty stealing so much and not sharing! There are some problems on my blog that I am trying to work out and there isn't much on it but here is the address...http://talesfromthesmith.blogspot.com/

The Lesson Plan Diva- A 1st grade blog said...

Cute poem! I love the penguin!

http://lessonplandiva.blogspot.com