Sunday, December 19, 2010

Little Reindeer and the Grinch

I am still recovering from all the activities we did the last week before Christmas break...my kiddos were super excited about everything and in a jolly, happy mood. We read Christmas at the Top of the World by Tim Coffey and enjoyed writing about Little Reindeer. We first brainstormed a word bank, that they could use when writing...
Then my firsties wrote about and created their own reindeer.
We also read one of my favorite books...How the Grinch Stole Christmas. We created a descriptive word poster about the Grinch. Then my littles set about writing how the Grinch's heart changed at the end of the story. They really loved this story...and the lesson they learned about Christmas.




 
This last picture is of the poem they were singing all. week. long....I'm a little happy we're on a break...and so glad I won't be hearing this chant until next December!
 Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas break too!
Now off I go to do some shopping!

1 comment:

Mrs. Nickerson said...

Don't you love when you introduce students to a song that seemingly never ends!? Haha! It's self-induced punishment... I tell ya! My third graders won't stop singing a song that I taught them to learn their multiplication facts for sixes. They sang it on repeat the entire time were worked on a holiday activity last week-- like a broken record! Cute lessons!