Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gingerbread Man Ideas

Here are some of my favorite Gingerbread Man Ideas floating around in blogland...I can't wait to try all of them in my classroom! I love the Gingerbread Man Unit...you can focus on reading skills, math skills, science skills, and even social studies...what more can we want?! All of these very important skills wrapped into one neat little package...talk about integrating the curriculum! And on top of everything...so much fun!
The First Grade Parade has some cute gingerbread men programmed with chunks that children need to sort onto their corresponding plate.
She also has a great Gingerbread Estimation activity that you can download and print to use in your own classroom. 
Babbling Abby has some awesome ideas too. Here are just a few:
Mrs. Lee's Kindergarten has a great idea of using the Gingerbread Man to teach about the 5 senses.

 She also has a great measuring activity...visit her blog for more awesome ideas.
Mrs. Jump provides us with a great visual of what a good anchor chart should look like...she used this to compare different Gingerbread Man stories.

And I absolutely adore her Gingerbread Man Pie Chart! Can't wait to do this activity with my firsties!


3 comments:

Abby said...

Thanks for the shout-out, sister! I wish I had more time to include all the darling things I've seen on the internet. We need 12 more hours in the day!

Mrs. Ibarra said...

Hi Gladys! It took me a while to figure out the header thing. Let me know if you would like some directions. If you do, find a free header you like and save it on your desktop. Then let me know when you are ready for some directions. -Lisa

Leslie said...

Love the site update- really cool! What great gingerbread fun!