Tuesday, October 12, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge

Okay...so I was browsing the net catching up with my favorite blogs..when I stumbled upon Katie's 30 Day Blog Challenge...being that I have slacked a little in the blogging department I decided it would be a good idea to join. So here I am...(a day late of course!)...no worries...I'm doubling up today...I'll do both...Day 1 and Day 2.

Day 1: Introduce yourself and 15 interesting facts.

Hi everyone my name is Gladys and I am a first grade teacher...I love teaching little ones and have been doing so for 5 years.

1. I am the oldest child in my family. I have 1 brother and 2 sisters...when I was little I used to force my  brother to play school with me...I guess I made quite an impact on him because he decided to become a teacher too...lol. I'm so happy I now get to teach for real!

2. I married my high school sweetheart and we have 4 beautiful children.

3. I was a kindergarten teacher before becoming a 1st grade teacher...I really like 1st grade...the kids are so much more independent...

4. I obsess about the desks in my classroom being straight...and hate having scraps of paper on the floor. My coworkers think I'm OCD...but I'm not...or at least I haven't been diagnosed yet! The custodians do say that my classroom is the neatest and cleanest...hmmm...

5. I love pretzels...especially warm, buttery, lightly salted pretzels...ok...I'm getting hungry now.

6. I hate having my picture taken...thus the lack of a picture. I'm usually behind the lense and ♥ taking pictures of my family...especially my kids.

7. I love clothes! My closet is bursting with clothes...just to give you an idea of how many clothes I have...I don't think I've worn the same outfit twice since school started...What about the kids closets you ask? They look just like mine! I think a garage sale is in order soon...we need to make room for more clothes!

8. I've been thinking about going back to school to get my Master's degree but have procrastinated for 2 years...had I started back in 2008, I would've finished by now...I think I'll start in January...hopefully.

9. I want to teach myself how to sew so bad I bought a sewing machine...it is sitting on my side of the bed...untouched. I need more hours in the day!

10. I love my grade level people...they're energetic, fun, and awesome teachers.

11. I love reading...and could do better in math...my students are a reflection of me...they're strong readers...but need a little help in math. I'm really working on this...believe me.

12. The last book I read was the Daily 5...I now want to read a good fiction book. Any recommendations?

13. I always take work home...but between homework, dinner, and baths...I hardly have time to work on it...I'm also working on this...believe me.

14. I am 5 ft 4 inches tall and wish I were taller.

15. I ♥ movies...I usually watch movies on the weekend...with a bowl of popcorn and some pickles! Can't go wrong with this combo!


Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name.

Once Upon a Time in First Grade comes from my love of fairy tales...my favorite is Little Red Riding Hood.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yay!!! I am doing this blogging challenge too and I am so glad you're joining in!

I too have a brand new sewing machine that I got for Christmas last year and have YET to learn how to sew!! I REALLY want to learn!!

Can't wait to get to know you better from this challenge!!

Katie K. said...

So glad that you are participating! I am loving all of your answers!

Livin' our Love Story said...

I have an obsession with my classroom desks being straight too!

Tickled Pink said...

Fun to read more about you! :)

Megan said...

Great idea! For a good read, try the Shopaholic Series. I am obsessed!