Thursday, September 16, 2010

Independance Day

Today my class celebrated the 16 de septiembre...most of my students are of a mexican/hispanic descent...and today we celebrated Mexico's Independance Day. We made a circle map to learn about the concept, a venn diagram to compare and contrast the 16 de septiempre to the 4th of July, and then we had a feast! What is a good celebration without great food? This is what the menu consisted of:

yummy tostadas

guacamole

conchas de pan dulce

flan...mmmm!
to quench our thirst...good ole Capri-Sun juices!

♥♥♥ Needless to say my Firsties loved the celebration. ♥♥♥

Feliz Dia de la Independencia Mexico!



2 comments:

Tickled Pink said...

How fun! Im sure they loved it! (I had no idea about the holiday.. but now it makes lots of sense! A lot of the houses surrounding the school I teach at had this flag flying today!)

Ginger Snaps said...

Oh that is such a good idea! I wish I had known that was today. 2/3 of my class is Hispanic. We always do a big thing on Cinco de Mayo and the parents make and send in authentic Mexican food (which is flippin' amazing). Now I will know for next year! Thanks for sharing the idea.