Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hope Floats

At my school there are three 1st grade teachers...that might be changing soon...hopefully. I have 21 students...and let's just say that I really hope we get a new teacher...one child proves to be a handful daily...with 20 other children to teach it has been quite challenging. I know that even if we do get that 4th teacher we oh so desperately need...my challenging child will stay in my classroom...(he was moved to my class as soon as my principal found out about his special needs). But I do have to say it would be much easier with 15 or 16 little bodies...instead of the 21 that I now have...so please...please say a little prayer for me...that we may get that 4th teacher...soon.


3 comments:

Sneaker Teacher said...

I have 23 in my first Kinder class then 18 in the other. It really does make such a difference to have fewer kids! I love the PM because it feels more laid back and it feels like I can give more attention to each kid. I wish it could always be like that! I had 25 first graders typically!

KT

Gladys said...

I know what you mean...today 2 of my kiddos were absent...and you could feel the difference...a lot easier even with just 19! Hopefully we'll get that teacher...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Cyndy said...

Sorry, this post cracked me up... I started the year with 31 1st graders. We JUST added a teacher (3rd week of school) and I am now down to 27... it is crazy to have that many and there is NO HOPE of adding another teacher anytime. 27 will be my count for the year! YIKES! So see, it could be worse! LOL!!!