Wednesday, September 1, 2010

D.O.T. Book

Today my Firsties were sooo excited to be getting their DOT Book...DOT is an acronym for Daily Organizational Tools. I believe that good organizational skills need to start early because ultimately these are the skills that will lead to a successful academic life...and I'm absolutely thrilled that my kiddos will be uber organized with their DOT Book this year.
Within the binder are 5 sections: Reading Log, Parent/Teacher Communication, Homework, Papers to be Left at Home, and Papers to Bring Right Back. The different sections will help my Firsties become organized and effective...there will be no more lost homework! That is what I'm hoping at least!
If anyone is interested in the DOT Book Rules leave a comment with your e-mail address and I'll be sure to send it your way. Happy Organizing!

4 comments:

Cyndy said...

Cool! I hope that it works! I also believe that organization is a learned behavior. : )

Janae said...

I like the idea of a binder. I used to use Nicky’s Folders, which I loved. But this year nobody at my school wanted to buy them, and I wasn’t going to buy 100 of them, so I’m just using cheapo Wal-Mart folders. The only thing is a binder won’t fit in my mailbox. Do your kids keep them at their desks?

I’d love a copy of your rules. Thanks!

janaevanorman@gmail.com

Leslie Ann said...

I really like this idea. I wish I had done something like that this year, but I don't want to confuse my kids since we've already gotten into a routine. I just send home a folder each day that has a discipline calender and a zip pouch for their snack money. Your idea sounds much better for having organized students. I will add it to my idea notebook for next yeat! :)

Emily Denton said...

If this still applies, I LOVE all of your ideas and strategies and would be thrilled to use this in my classroom next year!

Thanks!

emilybdenton@gmail.com