Saturday, August 7, 2010

Donor's Choose



I received great news in my e-mail's inbox today. The friendly staff and volunteers at Donor's Choose completed the screening process of my project Wow! Is that Fluent Reading? My project is now live on their website and ready to be funded!

I have never tried Donor's Choose...but have heard great things about them. The following is a description directly from their website..."DonorsChoose.org is a nonprofit that connects public school teachers with people who want to support classroom learning." Doesn't that sound awesome?! I am ready to give it a try!

If you have never heard of Donor's Choose before go check them out here. I'm sure you'll be amazed at all of the projects that have been funded. It takes a little time to post a project but the benefits are worth the time invested...and you get to go shopping! Who doesn't love a little shopping? It's fun!

I advice you to go on their website...look around...post a project and wait for it to get funded. Your students will appreciate the time you took to do this...I am sure of it!

Oh and don't forget to look at my project here!

P.S. The following is a video that explains a little about Donor's Choose...Enjoy! ♥♥♥

5 comments:

Sunny said...

I love Donor's Choose! I had three projects fully funded with them: one when I taught 2nd grade for take home reading packs and two when I taught 4th grade, 1 for a class set of Time for Kids subscription and 1 for a set of mentor texts. I seriously love that site!

Sneaker Teacher said...

I have gotten two projects funded and I HEART donorschoose. I am actually working on a project for this year to get materials to make literacy bags that will go home with my Kinder students. I hope it gets funded! Good luck with yours.

KT

Gladys said...

This is my 1st project...so hopefully it'll get funded! My kiddos really need those CD players...to use in the listening center. :)

Sneaker Teacher said...

Hey, I actually got a 25 dollar gift card for my birthday from Donorschoose and I would like to put it towards your projoect! Every little bit counts!!
Good luck!

KT

Gladys said...

Awwwww thank you so much...you're a doll!