Friday, August 6, 2010

B2S Teacher Swap

I am so excited about today's Back to School Teacher Swap hosted by Jen over at Following the Footsteps. I can't wait to read all of the great ideas from awesome teachers in blogland!

This year I decided to make my own center signs instead of purchasing them...and not to toot my own horn...but I think they turned out super cute!


I chose to make my own center signs because I wanted to include a description of each center...a description that is in a kid friendly format...so that my students can easily verbalize what they are supposed to be doing at each center.

I love making my own things...this allows me to pick my own colors, graphics, and even fonts.  I  ♥ cute fonts! I have to say that Kevin and Amanda have one of the best sites to find adorable fonts...I usually download all the fonts that she creates...thanks Amanda!

Now I have to go create some matching labels...and letters for my word wall!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


 

5 comments:

Jen said...

What a great idea! I find that I too like making my own teacher things that way I can customize them to my class. When I did centers I would always have and "I Can..." List somewhere posted of the things they could do at that center. We would create the list together as a class at the beginning of the year and then add to it as the year progressed!!

Thanks for joining in the Swap! I look forward to getting to know you better!!

Sneaker Teacher said...

I love Amanda's cute fonts! The sign you made is great...I have to do some of those too for Kindergarten this year. I taught first grade for three years and I am switching grades this year.

-KT
www.sneakerteacher.blogspot.com

Gladys said...

Thanks Jen! I am looking forward to keeping up with the Teacher Swap...it's a great way to share terrific ideas! Thanks for being our hostess!

Oh by the way I ♥ your blog!

Gladys said...

KT, thank you for your compliment! It's funny that you say you are switching grades this year...I switched last year...went from being a Kindergarten teacher to now being a 1st grade teacher...I guess as teachers we have to be flexible!

Oh, by the way I ♥ your blog! I have been looking through your past posts...and have found amazing ideas...thanks for sharing them with us!

Cassie said...

I LOVE THIS HOW CAN I SEE MORE OF THEM?